A Petabit (Pb or Pbit) is a unit of measurement for digital information transfer rate. It is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) bits. It is commonly used to measure the speed of data transfer over computer networks, such as internet connection speeds.
- One Petabit is defined as 1015 or 10005 Bits
- Petabit is a decimal unit defined as per SI standard
- 1 Petabit = 1000 Terabits
- The unit symbol for Petabit is Pbit
- Pebibit (Pib), the binary equivalent of Petabit, is made up of 10245 bits
- 1000 Petabits = 1 Exabit (Ebit)